HeARTs Speak: ARTISTS. HELPING. ANIMALS. It began with one compassionate pet photographer, a realization that so few shelter and rescue pets find their happily-ever-after, and the spark of an idea for a unique organization that could address the issue of pet overpopulation in a truly innovative way: through the powerful medium of art.
Animals with professional pet portraits have a significantly higher chance of getting adopted. With this in mind, HeARTs Speak put a call out to the international community of professional pet photographers and artists to come together to save the lives of shelter and rescue animals.
YOU MAY KNOW HEARTS SPEAK:
- because you’ve been moved by the work of one of our pet photographer members
- because you followed the progress of the Perfect Exposure Project
- because you’ve seen our adoption logo on captivating images of homeless pets
DID YOU ALSO KNOW:
- Our tiny but mighty staff of 6 donate their time to keep our organization going
- This is our first EVER fundraiser
- 5 million companion animals enter shelters nationwide each year, 3.5 million of those won’t make it out alive.*
- We are doing what we can to help make sure no animal in rescue care goes unseen.
SHINE A LIGHT ON A RESCUE OR SHELTER PET
$25 can fund 5 professional portraits for homeless animals
$50 can produce and deliver an educational HeARTs Speak Field Guide to one shelter
$100 can fund the creation of one photography training video
$250 can fund a full professional photo shoot for a high intake shelter *
$500 can fund the purchase of professional studio lighting equipment for a shelter*
$1000 can fund the purchase of cameras, lenses and training for shelter volunteers and staff *
* With every donation of $250 or more, we will send a HeARTs Speak Shelter Photography Field Guide to the shelter or rescue of your choice.
(Printing in January, 2015)
SUPPORT HEARTS SPEAK
CLICK THE RED DONATE BUTTON HERE.
All donations are tax deductible.
Visit www.heartsspeak.org to learn more about our mission
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
*Source: American Humane Society, Born Free U.S.A., PetFinder