The Bowmanville dog festival Bark in the Park is going to be the most fun we can pack into a two day event and it’s centred on your best furry friends! Mark it on your calendar, share with your friends, make a road trip and plan ahead because we know people are going to be coming in packs!
If you haven’t found your furry BFF just yet, don’t be discouraged. , we will have people from THE BEST animal rescue groups that this Region (and surrounding area) has to offer! And they are bringing their Game Faces people…..prepare to be educated in a way you never thought possible…..this is the BEST of the BEST.
If you’re looking for a little furry action but don’t want the commitment – there’s always the option of being a Foster to those fur-balls whilst they wait for their forever homes. It’s like being a grandparent really – the rescues pay for their food, vet care, meds, anything they need and you just provide a caring, safe home, maybe teach some manners, reap all the paws and kisses, and eventually get to send them off to a happy home and do it all over again.
How cool is THAT??
Bowmanville Dog Festival 2015
Here’s a simple rundown of some of the planned activities:
- Saturday – Go Fido, it’s your BARKday! Come out with your furkid(s) and celebrate their birthday with games, prizes, treats, contests, fashion shows, bobbing for wieners, giveaways, toys, all culminating in one big Happy BARKday Cake sing along.
- Airbrush tattoos for the furkids
- Groomer providing nail trims
- Agility Playground, carnival games, contests and so much fun your pup will sleep for days!
- Sunday – Love is in the Air! A slower paced day celebrating the joining of two hearts in HOWLING MUTTRIMONY. Be a guest at the only canine wedding in Durham Region. That’s right, full-on, vows and all, dress and tux, Doggie I-DO’s. Enjoy the decor, flowers, aisle, and be a witness to two sweet souls sharing a treat and sealing the deal.
- Microchip Clinic at BARK in the PARK Bowmanville courtesy of the wonderful Dr. Amanda Cushing. If you havent’ already microchipped, bring your fuzzy nugget to get their “chip” on and sleep well knowing it’s one more way they are identifiable should the unthinkable happen and they get lost.
For those of you who are tsk-tsking to yourselves because you don’t have or (gasp) aren’t interested in being owned by a dog, we’ve got you covered. The Farmers Market is reason enough to pop in and say hello. We are lining up the most diverse, talented, interesting, fun, friendly, affordable, creative and stylish VENDORS that it will knock your socks off! Wear flip flops, just in case.
August 29 and 30th – 10 am to 5 pm each day.
- FREE ample self parking (community center)
- FREE Swag bags to the first 200 people each day
- $5 per person
- $10 Family Pass (2 adults, 4 kids)
- Kids under 12 FREE
Garnet B Rickard Rec Complex
2440 Hwy # 2
Bowmanville, ON L1C 3K2
All dogs are welcome on a leash and not in heat. Please, leave your poochies at home if they are ill or recovering animals – we want everyone to have fun and if your furry nugget can’t make it just let us know and we will make sure you take home a treat for them.
NO RETRACTABLE LEASHES – for everyone’s safety and sanity, please.
All Contests are FREE to enter - See the latest on our Facebook page
BUY TICKETS IN ADVANCE HERE AND SEE YOU THERE!